Ready for a disjointed and awesome blog post that is guaranteed to make your life better, help you get cash before payday, get you ripped in less than 3 months, and help you pay only $9.95 to the IRS when you owed $341,123.67 in back taxes? I thought so, just make sure to ask your doctor if you are healthy enough for sexual activity. (I was about to write more information inside these parentheses, but then I decided that my goal for the blog should be to limit me use of parenthetical asides.)In any event, I will still ramble and blame it on the fact that i just spasmodically drop knowledge on here as opposed to being consistent about it and that model is condusive to rambling. Additionally it is late and I am tired. Just saying. Also, I watched the Social Network again this week, and with that in mind I feel like it is necessary to tell you that I am not drunk, and I am not going to make any jokes about farm animals, or for that matter animal farm. (fail #1 - isn't it amazing how fast you can write paragraphs when they require very little critical thinking or adherance to accepted guidelines?)
Before I decide to venture too far off the path, however, (fail #2 - I can LITERALLY think of like 900 things I could blog about right now) I am going to discuss what I originally intended on addressing. It's pretty basic today. I just wanted to post a few songs that in my opinion are really good to run to. The title of this entry is name of both a song and a tour by Canadian MC k-os, but he doesn't actually make the list this time, though I do like his music a lot and recommend it to you. I think all of the songs for today are courtesy of groups/artists who are more or less in the same genre as k-os, though I am going to go ahead and say that I can't really imagine going running with any of them. As for me, I am pretty sure I wasn't born to run. I don't really like running. What I do like a lot, though, is eating a hell of a lot of bread. Notably the only thing I really like eating more than bread is toast. So I need to run to try to maintain some semblance of fitness whilst I indulge my carb obsession. Maybe you feel the same. Maybe not though, cause I am pretty sure I know the 3 people who will read this by name (fail #3 - LL and J are their initials, which is more than enough reason for me to tell you that I like toast much more than I like pink cookies in a plastic bag gettting crushed by buildings, even if Akon and Lonely Planet assure me that that my tastes may soon change. And even if I had bullet-glass tints behind which to experience said crushing of cookies, I think it could become problematic because I would probably end up feeling like I sweat her, and no, I am not talking about a Coogi. Big Pun said he crushed a lot, despite not being a player, but one thing is for certain there, he did not run enough. Perhaps he could have swam instead, I'm sure they make hats like shark fins that may have helped him out. Unfortunately he sometimes made decisions while he was mad and hit his wife in the face with a gun. Yes, the name of his rap possee was terror squad, so seemingly accurate I guess. If you followed all those references, you are officially fancy, huh.) Anyway, this ended up being kind of a worthless post, he goes my shot at redemption... Songs to run to.
Best first. The Roots feat. John Legend - The Fire
(when running you wouldn't have the talking that is in the video, just saying. But the music and the message just basically will you to keep going)
Nas & Damian Marley - Stong Will Continue
Blackalicious feat. Rakaa Iriscience - Passion
K'naan - If Rap Gets Jealous (Dusty Foot Philosopher Version)
He's just so angry in the chorus that it's really motivating.
Somerthing more coherent later? Deleting this? Both in play. Sleeping now? Yes. Running tomorrow? I hope so. If so, I will be rocking this ish.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It should be *Lonely Island* - the comical music group as opposed to Lonely Planet - the comical (?) travel guides.
ReplyDeleteHaving those running tunes is cool. I'm always afraid I'm going to either drop my device, or end up wearing one of those arm bands. So I run without it.
ReplyDelete